Tuesday, September 26, 2006
The Subcommittee on Health Care of the Senate Finance Committee holds a hearing today on Health Savings Accounts: The Experience So Far. These are the witnesses scheduled to testify:
- Robert Carroll, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax Analysis, U.S. Treasury Department
- John Dicken, Director, Health Care Issues, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Joseph V. Knight, Chief Financial Officer, Setpoint Systems, Ogden, UT
- Sara R. Collins, Assistant VP, Program for the Future of Health Insurance, The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY
- John C. Goodman, President and CEO, National Center for Policy Analysis, Washington, D.C.
- Eric C. Beittel, Enders Insurance Associates, Harrisburg, PA
In connection with the hearing, the Joint Committee on Taxation has released Present Law and Analysis Relating to the Tax Treatment of Health Savings Accounts and Other Health Expenses (JCX-45-06):
This document, prepared by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, provides a description of the present-law provisions relating to health care expense and health savings accounts and a discussion of issues.
The hearing takes place at 2:30 p.m. in 215 Dirksen Senate Office Building.