Friday, July 15, 2016
- Above the Law, Cheating Law Student Pissed Essay They Bought Isn’t Up To Snuff
- Above the Law, Congrats, You Got Into Yale Law School! Oh Wait….
- Above the Law, A Law Firm Should Hire Apprentices, Not Interns
- Above the Law, Law School And Legal Job Prospects In 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
- ABA Journal Question of the Week, Should Law Schools Accept the GRE as Well as the LSAT?
- Albany Law School, Professor Cords Travels to Beijing as Visiting Scholar
- Justin Evans & Anthony Gabel (Fort Hays State University), Preparing Legal entrepreneurs as Global Strategists: The Case for Entrepreneurial Legal Education, 32 Ariz. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 727 (2015)
- Courtney Hanny (University of Rochester), Imagining New Social Legal Futures: A Sociolinguistic Analysis of Pre-Law Students' Experiences With Discourse Communities of Legal Practice, 29 Int'l J. for Semiotics L. 87 (2016)
Friday, July 1, 2016
- Above the Law, Just How Much Law Student Debt Do We Really Want To Forgive?
- Above the Law, Midlaw Does Not (Usually) Hire Newbie Lawyers
- Jeff Harrison (Florida), Using Students
- Houston Culture Map, See You in Court! Houston College of Law Replies to UH About Name Change Lawsuit
Friday, June 24, 2016
- ABA Journal, Tech Companies Hire Law Students for Internships
- Above the Law, Are Lawyers Overpaid?
- Above the Law, Beyond Biglaw: On The Stigma Of Living ‘At Home’
- Above the Law, How Will Legal Technology Impact The Move To $180K?
Friday, June 17, 2016
- Above the Law, Fast Times At Fake Law School
- Above the Law, A Harvard Law Grad Loses More Than $100 Million
- Above the Law, Joy In The Legal Profession — Not An Oxymoron
- Arkansas Business, UA Law School Dean Stacy Leeds on What's Leading Law Students Into Business & Industy Roles
Friday, June 10, 2016
- ABA Journal, First-Year Associate Pay Will be $180K at Multiple BigLaw Firms Following Cravath's Lead
- ABA Journal, Law Firms Discourage Lateral Departures with Bonus Clawbacks and Other Financial Penalties
- Above the Law, That $180K Payday Is Spreading On The West Coast
- Above the Law, What Firms Miss The ‘MoneyLaw’ Cut?
Friday, June 3, 2016
- ABA Journal, Howard Law Grads Get Major Law Firm Attention
- Above the Law, Black Lives Matter Protest At Cornell Law School Graduation
- Above the Law, Legally Blonde Cosplay At Vanderbilt Law School Graduation Ceremony
- Above the Law, Rankings Aren’t Just for Law Schools: Tier 1 Employees
Friday, May 27, 2016
- Above the Law, Battle Over Service Dog At Law School Graduation
- Above the Law, Five Tips For Improving Diversity In The Legal World
- Above the Law, Georgetown LLMs Bent Out Of Shape Over Graduation
- Above the Law, Rankings Aren’t Just for Law School: Tier 3 / ‘Cooley’ Employees
Friday, May 20, 2016
- Above the Law, The 20 Law Schools With The Most Unemployed Graduates
- Above the Law, alt.legal: The Forecast For Legal Analytics Is Mostly Sunny
- Above the Law, Everything That’s Wrong With Legal Education — According To Law School Deans
- Above the Law, Law Firms Have Best Quarter In 8 Years
Friday, May 13, 2016
- ABA Journal, In a First, a BigLaw Firm Announces It Will Use Artificial Intelligence in One Of Its Practice Areas (Bankruptcy)
- Above the Law, 25 Things All Young Lawyers Should Know In Order To Not Screw Up Their Legal Careers
- Above the Law, ABA President Wants Every Lawyer To Take One Simple Test
- Above the Law, Does the LSAT Have a Liberal Bias?
Friday, May 6, 2016
- Above the Law, Ask The Professor: The #1 Reason Why You Failed The Bar Exam
- Above the Law, Law School Announces Mumps Outbreak
- Above the Law, One Thing Can Improve All Your Law School Grades
- Vik Amar (Dean, Illinois), 4 Tips For Law Students For Final Exams
Friday, April 29, 2016
- Above the Law, Are Average Student Loan Debt Figures Misleading?
- Above the Law, Are Law Schools Just Liberal Indoctrination Factories?
- Above the Law, New York’s February Bar Exam Results Reveal Worst Pass Rates In More Than A Decade
- Eric Adams (Alberta), The Dean Who Went to Law School: Crossing Borders and Searching for Purpose in North American Legal Education, 1930-1950
Friday, April 22, 2016
- ABA Journal, Women Lawyers at Wall Street Firms Rarely Promoted to Partner
- Above the Law, Harvard Law Student Is Rude, Insufferable And Anti-Semitic
- Above the Law, What Lawyers Can Learn From Google’s Quest To Build The Perfect Team
- BusinessDen, Denver's New Law School Dean Wants to Prepare Grads for Cost-Conscious Employers
Friday, April 15, 2016
- Above the Law, The Pink Ghetto: Law School Is A Breeding Ground For Sexism
- Above the Law, Why Are Bar Exam Retakers Failing At Such A High Rate?
- Arkansas Online, Professor's Lawsuit Against UALR Law School Stays; Plaintiff Wants Data on Law Students
- Boston Globe, Harvard Law Students Say They Found Recording Device Hidden Under Table
Friday, April 8, 2016
- Above the Law, 2016 Law School Graduation Speaker Roundup
- Above the Law, Is This Law School Making 3L Year A Joke?
- Above the Law, LSAT Scores v. Bar Exam Performance: How Did Your Law School Do?
- Arkansas Online, UALR Law School on Shaky Legal Ground in Denial of Admissions Data, Filing Argues
Friday, April 1, 2016
- ABA Journal, File Form W-K9 For Pet Tax? A 0% Acceptance Rate at Stanford? TaxProf Blog Has April 1 Roundup
- ABA Journal, Law Student Convicted for Stealing Laptop Is Accused of Altering the Verdict Slip
- ABA Journal, Once an Opening Act for Kid Rock, Law Student Looks Forward to New Career
- ABA Journal, Law Schools in Rust Belt Are in a 'Survival of the Fittest' Mode, Law Prof Asserts
Friday, March 18, 2016
- ABA Journal, Full-Time Female Lawyers Earn 77 Percent of Male Lawyer Pay
- Above the Law, LSU Law School Offers Students An Amazing Opportunity — To Bag Groceries
- Above the Law, March Madness: Best Law School Scandal
- Above the Law, Wake Forest Law School Lets Prospective Applicants Know They’re Nothing More Than An LSAT Score
Friday, March 11, 2016
- American Lawyer, Jobs Report Shows Continued Legal Industry Declines
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), Competitive Data Trends for Great Lakes and Midwest Law Schools 2012-2015
- Champaign–Urbana News-Gazette, University of Illinois Law School: No Speaking Fees for Recent Guests
- Harvard Crimson, Law School Activists to Continue Occupation
Friday, March 4, 2016
- Above the Law, Back In The Race: Why The U.S. News Law School Rankings Will Never Change
- Above the Law, Florida Bar Tries To Teach People How To Do ‘Adulting’
- Above the Law, Law School Offers Buyouts To Tenured Faculty Thanks To Sharp Decline In Enrollment
- Above the Law, Open Letter To Black Emory Law Students: It Doesn’t Get Better
Friday, February 26, 2016
- ABA Journal, Question of the Week: Do You Think There Should be an LSAT Cutoff Score for Law School Admission?
- ABA Journal, Minority Women Are Disappearing From BigLaw -- And Here's Why
- ABA Journal, This Law School Will Accept the GRE From Applicants; Will Others Follow?
- Above the Law, Today’s Tech: How A Law Professor Uses YouTube In His Classroom
Friday, February 19, 2016
- ABA Journal, Northwestern to Offer More Financial Aid to Law School Students and Alumni
- Above the Law, Controversy At Harvard Law Over The Bluebook?
- Above the Law, Income-Based Law School Debt Repayment Will Eventually Ruin You Financially
Friday, February 12, 2016
- ABA Journal, ABA House Approves Model Regulatory Objectives for Nontraditional Legal Services
- Above the Law, Is This Cheating On The Bar Exam?
- Above the Law, The Murky Economics Of Law School Facilities: Who Does This Law School Owe?
Friday, February 5, 2016
- ABA Journal, Can Once-Obscure 'Borrower Defense' Help Law Grads Erase Student Debt?
- Above the Law, Law School Cancels Barrister’s Ball Because Of Donald Trump
- Above the Law, Law Schools Are Not Exposing Students To Real World Business Development
Friday, January 29, 2016
- ABA Journal, Job-Offer Rate for Summer Associates Is at a 10-Year High
- ABA Journal, Latham Associates Refinance $13M in Student Debt, Thanks to Firm's Efforts
- ABA Journal, LSAT Profiles of Current Law Students Signal More Troubles Ahead; Has Low Point Been Reached?
- ABA Journal, Texas Tech Adopts SMART Brain Training For Its 1Ls
Friday, January 22, 2016
- Above the Law, As Bad As Legal Education Is, It Could Be Worse
- Above the Law, The Tetzlaff Aftermath: Discharging Student Loans In Bankruptcy Might Be Easier Than We Thought
- Ronald Collins (University of Washington), Tenured LSU Prof. Sues — University Claims Her Profanity Constituted Sexual Harassment
Friday, January 15, 2016
- ABA Journal, Former Cardozo Clinical Law Prof Is Disbarred After Apparently Ignoring Ethics Probe
- ABA Journal, Would-Be Lawyer Won't Have $260K in Student Loans Erased; SCOTUS Refuses to Hear Appeal
- Above the Law, Woman Who Will Have $210,000 In Student Loans Had No Idea Her Law School Was Being Sued Over Employment Statistics
- Bloomberg BNA, This Is What the Dean of Harvard Law School Thinks About AI
Friday, January 8, 2016
- ABA Journal, Most Lawyers Are Introverted, and That's Not Necessarily a Bad Thing
- ABA Journal, 'Revenant' Author Wrote the Book as a Mayer Brown Partner
- ABA Journal, Want to Attend a Law School With Better Job and Bar-Exam Outcomes? It Will Cost You
Saturday, January 2, 2016
- Above the Law, How The Grinch Lost The LSAT Exams: A Crappy Christmas Caper
- Above the Law, Surprise! Lawyers Are Problem Drinkers (And Worse)
- Above the Law, Whittier Law Student Tragically Shot To Death During Winter Break
Saturday, December 26, 2015
- Christine Brown (Loyola-New Orleans), Professional Identity Formation: Working Backwards to Move the Profession Forward, 61 Loy. L. Rev. 313 (2015)
- Bernie Burk (North Carolina), Lola Wage-and-Hour Document Review Case Settles; Vexing Questions About What Constitutes “The Practice of Law” Persist
- The College Fix, Harvard Law Dean Puts ‘Microaggressions’ in the Same League as Sexual Assault
Friday, December 18, 2015
- ABA Journal, Where Did You Apply to Law School, and How Did You Decide Where to Go?
- Above the Law, Don’t Waste Your Time Trying To Get Your Law School Debts Discharged In Bankruptcy
- Above the Law, The Pink Ghetto: ‘Female Attorneys Don’t Work Hard’
Friday, December 11, 2015
- ABA Journal, Emory Law Student Charged With Murder in Death of Foster Child
- Above the Law, Without Significant Changes, Diversity In The Legal Profession Will Remain On Life Support
- The Atlantic, Why Are College Presidents Going Corporate?
Friday, December 4, 2015
- ABA Journal, When the Legal Job Market Tanked, a Law Student Changed It
- Above the Law, Minorities In The Legal Profession Have Increased By Less Than One Percent Since 2000
- Above the Law, Women In The Legal Profession Continue To Be Treated Like Crap
Friday, November 20, 2015
- Above the Law, A High-Profile Law School Dean’s Sudden Departure
- Above the Law, How Law Students Are Using Time Between Classes To Change The World
- Above the Law, Law School Reveals How Poorly Graduates With Low GPAs Fared On July 2015 Bar Exam
Friday, November 13, 2015
- ABA Journal, Are Law Students Driven by Money? It's Not Most Important, Survey Finds
- Above the Law, The Customer Is Always A Sucker: Law School Economics
- Bloomberg BNA, One Law School’s Effort to Resolve Access to Justice
Friday, November 6, 2015
- ABA Journal, Are Law Student Loans in Danger of Default? Not According to Past History, Law Prof Says
- ABA Journal, Jones Day Hires 10 US Supreme Court Clerks, 'A Stunningly Large Number,' Law Prof Says
- ABA Journal, These Law Students Combine Technology With Fee-Generating Cases
Friday, October 30, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
- Above the Law, Dersh Deposed: Alan Dershowitz Accuses Former Federal Judge [And Utah Law Prof] Of Billion-Dollar Extortion Scheme
- Above the Law, Despite All Efforts, Law School Posts Worst Bar Exam Performance Ever
- Above the Law, Let The Law School Class Action Lawsuits Proceed: 5 Defenses That Don’t Work
Friday, October 16, 2015
- Above the Law, Ask The Professor: Who’s To Blame For The Falling Bar Exam Pass Rates?
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), A Quartet of Essays on Scholarship
- Bloomberg BNA, Law Firm Leaders Don’t Feel Great About Their Profession. And Why Should They?
Friday, October 9, 2015
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), The American Law School and Nine Elements of “Thinking Like a Lawyer”
- Matt Bodie (St. Louis), Leaving Prawfs
- Brooklyn Eagle, Global Law Firm Names [Brooklyn Law School Dean] Allard Senior Counsel
Friday, October 2, 2015
Friday, September 25, 2015
- ABA Journal, ‘Prudent Innovation’ at William Mitchell: Extending the Reach of Learning
- ABA Journal, Some Law Professors Blame Student Quality for Continued Drop in Bar Exam Scores
- Above the Law, Best Thing Football Coach Can Say Of Opponent: ‘Great Law School’
Friday, September 18, 2015
- Above the Law, The Absurdity Of Current Law School Scholarship Offerings
- Above the Law, What Law Professors Need To Know About Faculty Meetings
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), The Moral Lawyer and the Machiavellian Nature of Law Practice
Friday, September 11, 2015
- Above the Law, Bar Passage Rate Isn’t The Most Important Thing, It’s The Most Basic Thing
- Above the Law, Take A Sabbath
- Bloomberg BNA, Feds Could Change OT Pay Rules for Attorneys
- Bloomberg BNA, The Law Schools That Offer the Biggest Tuition Discounts
Friday, September 4, 2015
- Above the Law, Law School Dean Blames Lazy Students For Terrible Bar Passage Rate
- Above the Law, Using Statistical Caveats To Mislead Students About Law School
- Above the Law, Why Did A Top Law School Chancellor Abruptly Resign?
- American Lawyer, The 2015 Associates Survey: Happier Than Ever
Friday, August 21, 2015
- AALS Section on Clinical Legal Education, Statement of Position Regarding the State Bar of California Task Force on Admissions Regulation Reform (TFARR) Experiential Education Requirement
- ABA Journal, Cooley Law Dean Offers Explanation for Enrollment Decline, Sees Possible Turnaround
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), A Trilogy of Essays on Scholarship
- Bloomberg BNA, A 'Big Law' Revolution? Not Likely
Friday, August 14, 2015
- Above the Law, Law School To Issue 50% Tuition Refunds To Grads Who Can’t Find Jobs
- Jeff Baker (Pepperdine), In Critical Praise of California's TFARR Rules
- Rick Bales (Dean. Ohio Northern), Correlations in Transfers-in and Law-School-Funded Employment
- College Fix. Meet the Professor Who Gladly Left UCLA and Hasn't Looked Back
Friday, August 7, 2015
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), Having Skills Is Not the Same as Using Skills
- David Barnhizer (Cleveland State), Lawyers as Practitioners of the “Dark Arts”
- Lisa Bliss (Georgia State) et al., Transforming Legal Education as an Imperative in Today's World, in Building on Best Practices: Transforming Legal Education in a Changing World (Lexis 2015)
- Steven Harper (Adjunct Professor, Northwestern), The ABA at Work — Not!
Friday, July 31, 2015
- Above the Law, Ambition And Grit Do Not Always Come From The Top Law Schools
- Above the Law, Lafayette Movie Theater Gunman Was A Law School Graduate
- American Lawyer, Is Law School Back in Vogue?
- Bloomberg, Big Law’s Here to Stay
- Brett Brosseit (Ave Maria), Law School Academic Support Professionals’ Perceptions About Development of Students’ Critical Thinking
Friday, July 24, 2015
- Above the Law, 4 Types Of People Who Might Be Good Candidates For Law School
- Above the Law, Are These The Worst Law School Facilities In The World?
- Above the Law, Did 4 D.C. Biglaw Attorneys Get Arrested While Playing Softball?
- Above the Law, Law Students: How To Make The Most Of Your Law Degree If You’re Not Going To Practice
Friday, July 17, 2015
- Above the Law, A Bluebooking Error In… The Bluebook?
- Above the Law, Don’t Leave Law Just Yet
- Above the Law, Four Types Of People Who Shouldn’t Go To Law School
- Above the Law, Homeless Harvard Lawyer Reflects On Fall From Biglaw Prestige