About TaxProf Blog
Welcome to TaxProf Blog, the only web source of resources, news, and information of interest to law school tax professors in their scholarship and teaching. TaxProf Blog combines both (1) continuously-updated permanent resources and (2) daily news and information:
- Permanent Resources:
- Tax Professors: A list of the 700+ law school tax professors, with links to their personal web pages, arranged alphabetically both by last name and by their law school, along with a list of recent lateral moves, entry-level hires, and visiting appointments.
- Graduate Tax Programs: A list of the 30 law school graduate tax programs, with links to their home pages, arranged alphabetically both by school name and by state
- Tax Teaching:
- A list of casebooks and other materials for both graduate tax courses and J.D. tax courses, with links to the books on the publisher’s home pages, arranged by subject area.
- Links to excerpts of audio recordings of oral arguments in four seminal U.S. Supreme Court federal income tax cases.
- Links to the tax returns of seven U.S. Presidents.
- Tax Scholarship:
- Grant Opportunities: links to organizations offering grants to tax professors.
- SSRN Tax Papers: links to tax papers on the Social Science Research Network, searchable both by author/title and by tax journal.
- Tax Canon: a link to Victor Fleischer’s list of recommended tax readings.
- Tax Colloquia: links to colloquia at UC-Berkeley, UCLA, Michigan, NYU, and Virginia.
- Tax Law Reviews: links to tax journal home pages with submission information.
- Tax Rankings:
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings of Tax Programs: Links to the Top 25 overall, major changes in the rankings from prior years, and the Top 10 graduate tax programs.
- SSRN Tax Paper Downloads: The Top 10 downloads of tax papers on SSRN (all time and recent).
- Washington & Lee’s Rankings of Tax Law Reviews: rankings by frequency of citation in both journals and cases.
- Tax Professor Organizations:
- AALS Tax Section: Links to the section home page, the next meeting, and subscription information for the AALS-sponsored TaxProf email discussion group.
- ABA Tax Section Teaching Tax Committee: Links to the committee home page, the next meeting, and ABA tax publications.
- Tax Professor Blogs: Links to blogs run by tax professors.
- Other Tax Blogs: Links to other tax blogs.
- Tax Policy Groups: Links to over 20 tax policy think tanks.
- Tax Law Sources: Links to sources of federal, state, and foreign tax laws.
- Tax Publishers: Links to various tax publishers.
- Free Tax Web Sites: Links to free web sites with tax information.
- Abstracts of forthcoming and recently-published tax scholarship on SSRN.
- Upcoming tax colloquia, conferences, and meetings.
- Book reviews by tax professors
- Miscellaneous items of interest in tax scholarship and teaching.
What TaxProf Blog Is Not: This blog is not a collection of ruminations about the latest tax policy issue in the news or the latest tax case or ruling. I leave that terrain to the many existing blogs with that mission, as well as to the TaxProf email discussion group.
Please email me with comments and suggestions on how to make this blog more useful to you. And please email me content to post here.
Paul L. Caron
April 15, 2004