Monday, April 16, 2018
Ariel Jurow Stevenson (Acting Assistant Professor of Tax Law, NYU) has accepted a tenure-track position at San Diego, beginning in August 2018.
- JD 2014, Yale
- MSc (Economic Development) 2008, London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Economics & International Development Studies) 2007, UCLA
Before joining NYU, Ariel received a Skadden Fellowship to work at Bet Tzedek Legal Services in Los Angeles, where she founded and directed a program that provides tax legal services to low-income and immigrant workers. She represented low-income clients in state and federal tax controversies, and regularly served as an advisor on tax issues for public interest attorneys throughout California.
Ariel's publications include:
- Low-End Regressivity, 72 Tax Law Rev. ___ (2018)
- Recovering Lost Tax Revenue Through Taxation of Transnational Households, 34 Berkeley J. Int'l L. 100 (2016)
- Note, Improving the U.S. Guest Worker System Through Tax and Social Welfare Reform, 17 Harv. Latino L. Rev. 147 (2014)