Tuesday, November 7, 2017
WalletHub, Corporate Tax Rate Report:
WalletHub analyzed annual reports for the S&P 100 — the largest and most established companies on the stock market — in order to determine the federal, state and international tax rates they paid in 2016. You can find the results, our detailed methodology and additional expert commentary below.
Ask the Experts: Should Corporations Pay Less than Consumers?
For insight into the country’s current corporate tax system as well as its potential fixes, we turned to experts [including Mark Gergen (UC-Berkeley), Jose Gabilondo (Florida International), and Ann Murphy (Gonzaga) in the fields of accounting and tax law for their thoughts on the following key questions:
- What is your assessment of the Trump administration’s corporate tax reform plan? What reforms do you think will ultimately be adopted?
- Is the U.S. leaving money on the table with the current corporate tax structure?
- What would you change about the way U.S. corporations are taxed?
- Do you consider tax-inversion deals to be unpatriotic?
- What should the relationship be between corporate and consumer taxes?