Friday, September 22, 2017
- ABA Journal, JDs from middle-ranked schools in states with many public colleges may give best investment return
- Paul Caron (Pepperdine), 'Becoming the Nation's Premier Christian Law School'
- Scott Fruehwald (Legal Skills Prof Blog), A Book to Help Judges Understand Cognitive Biases
- Ian Gallacher (Syracuse), My Grandmother Was Mrs. Palsgraf: Ways to Rethink Legal Education to Help Students Become Lawyers, Rather Than Just Thinking Like Them
- Stephen J. Harper (Northwestern), The Charlotte School of Law and a Whistleblower
- Robert Kuehn (Washington University) & David A. Santacroce (Michigan) (with Margaret Reuter (UMKC) & Sue Schechter (UC-Berkeley)), The 2016-17 Survey of Applied Legal Education (Center for the Study of Applied Legal Education) (2017)
- John Lande (Missouri), Kiser’s Soft Skills for the Effective Lawyer
- Brian Leiter (Chicago), USD Law Dean Stephen Ferruolo Should Either Resign or Issue a Public Apology
- Paul Marcus (AALS President), Borrowing from Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are a-Changin’”
- Frank McIntyre (Rutgers) & Michael Simkovic (USC), Are Law Degrees as Valuable to Minorities?, 52 Int'l Rev. L. & Econ. ___ (2017)
- Derek Muller (Pepperdine), Bar Exam Scores Rebound to Highest Point Since 2013
- Jerry Organ (St. Thomas), Net Tuition Trends By LSAT Category, 2010-2014: Net Tuition Rose In Highest (165+) And Lowest (<145) Bands, Fell In Middle (145-164) Bands
- Press Release, Law Schools’ Apprehension to Allow Applicants to Use GRE for Admissions Drops
Comment: Florida International University attained the highest Florida bar pass score for the fourth straight year. (here) FIU's success is no coincidence. They have established a rigorous program of legal education. You can find a description of the program here. FIU's success proves that law schools can establish effective educational programs if they want to. See also my post on FIU: A Legal Education Success Story at Florida International University.