Sunday, September 3, 2017
Lesley McAllister, an environmental law professor at San Diego (2005-13) and UC-Davis (2013-), died on August 30 at the age of 47 after a four year battle against cancer. She leaves behind her husband Andrew and two young children, Erin and Nathan. A Celebration of Lesley's Life is being held today at 4:00 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Davis. In lieu of flowers, charitable contributions in Lesley's honor may be made to Camp Kesem, a camp that helps children whose parents have cancer.
I got to know Leslie during my many summers at USD, and we often were neighbors in a suite of faculty offices. I prevailed on her to take over our network's Environmental Law Prof Blog, which she did with her customary élan.
- Environmental Law Prof Blog, Goodbye to Lesley
- Orly Lobel (San Diego), In Memoriam: Lesley McAllister
- Princeton Alumni, Lesley’s Story: An Alumna Facing Terminal Cancer Considers Her End-of-Life Options
- Madhavi Sunder (UC-Davis), Remembering Professor Lesley McAllister
- Madhavi Sunder (UC-Davis), A Toast to Lesley McAllister
- UC-Davis, A Festschrift for Lesley McAllister
- UC-Davis, King Hall Mourns Professor Lesley McAllister