Thursday, March 30, 2017
International Association of IT Asset Managers, IT Waste at the Internal Revenue Service:
IRS IT Spending/Waste By The Numbers:
- $11.2 billion - Total IRS budget in 2016.
- 79,890 - Total IRS employees as of FY2015.
- $4,600-$4,900 - Average amount spent per employee on IT in the private sector.
- $37,051 - Average amount spent per employee on IT at the Department of Treasury.
- $31,000 - According to IAITAM, private sector-style IT Asset Management protocol implementation would save roughly $31,000 per employee at the IRS.
- More than three times – How much the potential ITAM-related savings per employee stack up in comparison to the average $9,118 federal income tax bill for Americans.
- 22 percent - Total potential ITAM-related savings would add up to $2.76 billion
or nearly one quarter of the total 2016 IRS budget.
IRS IT Problems By The Numbers ...
Fixing the ITAM Problem at the IRS ...