Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Here is the schedule for my Spring 2016 Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series:
- Jan. 25 Omri Marian (UC-Irvine), The State Administration of International Tax Avoidance
- Feb. 8 Adam Chodorow (Arizona State), Bitcoin, Foreign Currency, and the Case for Basis Pooling
- Feb. 22 John Brooks (Georgetown), Quasi-Public Spending
- Mar. 7 Ellen Aprill (Loyola-L.A.), The Section 527 Obstacle to Meaningful Section 501(c)(4) Regulation
- Mar. 28 Shuyi Oei (Tulane), The Tax Lives of Uber Drivers: Evidence from Internet Discussion Forums
- Apr. 11 Jason Oh (UCLA), How the Rich Drive Progressive Marginal Tax Rates
- Apr. 25 Lily Kahng (Seattle), Who Owns Human Capital?
I will of course blog each professor's paper on the day of their presentation. Southern California professors and practitioners are welcome to attend any of the sessions (11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) -- just let me know.
- Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series (Spring 2014)
- Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series (Spring 2015)
The Pepperdine Tax Policy Workshop Series is funded in part by a generous gift from Scott Racine.