Tuesday, July 22, 2014
New York Times Room for Debate: How Can the U.S. Stop Corporate Tax Flight?:
- Chris Edwards (Cato Institute), Just One Way to Stop Corporate Inversions: Cut Taxes: "Our high tax rate is scaring away investment and reported profits."
- Chye-Ching Huang (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities), End the Deception on Profits and Taxes: "By raising U.S. taxes on foreign profits and cutting them on domestic profits, we can level the playing field between companies that use international tax avoidance as a business strategy and those that don’t."
- David Cay Johnston (Syracuse), Tax Profits When Earned to Encourage Investment: "Congress should reform the tax system so that profits are taxed when earned so they can be reinvested in productive ways."
- Sander Levin (Member, U.S. House of Representatives), Inversions Highlight Tax Code Unfairness: "The wave of corporate inversions threatens to undermine the U.S. tax base and our economy."
- Tim Worstall (Adam Smith Institute), Corporate Taxation Is Inefficient: "Taxing economic activity means that we will have less economic activity."