Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Check Your Marriage Penalty—or Bonus: How to figure out whether you're paying more—or less—online.
- The Great Property (and Tax) Comeback: How the prices of luxury homes—but also estate taxes—are rapidly rising
- Last-Minute Tax Tips: What taxpayers can do to lower their bill, decide whether an extension makes sense and track down a missing refund.
- A New Reason to Hoard Assets: The wealthy may be putting the brakes on the gifting bonanza of the past few years.
- Tax Strategy Shifts from Gifting to Inheritance: Clients use a tax break known as the step-up in basis.
- What to Do if Your Tax Refund Goes AWOL: About three-quarters of all individual tax returns request a refund. Here's what to do if yours goes missing.