Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Conversable Economist: Improper Federal Payments of $100 Billion Annually:
- Leslie Book (Villanova), The Ban on Claiming the EITC: A Problematic Penalty, by
- Leslie Book (Villanova), EITC: Do Attitudes on Redistribution Fuel a Particular Focus on Errors?
- Sara Sternberg Greene (Harvard University, Department of Sociology), The Broken Safety Net: A Study of Earned Income Tax Credit Recipients and a Proposal for Repair, 88 NYU L. Rev. 515 (2013)
- Robert Greenstein & John Wancheck (both of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities), Reducing Overpayments in the Earned Income Tax Credit
- National Taxpayer Advocate, Earned Income Tax Credit: The IRS Inappropriately Bans Many Taxpayers from Claiming EITC
(Hat Tip: Linda Galler, Ed Kleinbard, Francine Lipman, Walter Schwidetzky.)