Friday, December 20, 2013
Canada Approves First Christian Law School Despite Opposition Over Student Code of Conduct Prohibiting Gay 'Sexual Intimacy'
Trinity Western University School of Law, press release:
Trinity Western University is pleased to announce the BC Ministry of Advanced Education has approved the TWU School of Law. Two days ago the University announced the approval from the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. With these two approvals, TWU will now move forward with development of the School of Law with the planned first class to commence in 2016. ...
“It needs to be said,” said President Kuhn, “that all students (gay or straight) are welcome to attend Trinity Western University, providing they meet our academic requirements and agree to respect our community values. Like most religious communities, we have established a set of values and principles to guide our daily lives; ours are in a manner consistent with Christian teaching. Chief among those values is to show love and respect for all people at all times.”
- Trinity Western University School of Law, Vision
- Trinity Western University School of Law, Fact Sheet
- Trinity Western University School of Law, FAQ
- BBC, Canada Approves 'Homophobic' Law School
- Canada.com, Trinity Western Clears Law School Hurdle Despite Gay Sex Policies; Private University Has Student Policy Against Gay 'Sexual Intimacy'
- Gleanings, Canada's First Christian Law School Approved Despite Gay Lifestyle Ban; Trinity Western University Overcomes Opposition From Other Law School Deans
- Globe and Mail, Law School That Bans Gay ‘Sexual Intimacy’ Clears Hurdle
- Huffington Post, A Law School That Bans Homosexuals Has No Place in Canada
- Inside Higher Ed, Despite Criticism, Canada Gets Faith-Based Law School
- Vancouver Sun, Trinity Western University’s Law School Gets Final Approval
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Deans Oppose Canada's First Christian Law School (Jan. 19, 2013)
- An Argument for a Christian Law School in Canada (Aug. 4, 2013)