Saturday, October 19, 2013
IRS Resumes Operations Following Government Reopening:
The IRS has reopened after 16 days of closure due to the lapse in appropriations that began Oct. 1. The public may experience longer wait times or limited service as we take steps to bring employees back to work and resume all operations. High telephone demand is expected and many IRS walk-in offices around the country may open at staggered times on Oct. 17 and 18. ...
We appreciate your patience as we restart our efforts on behalf of the nation.
Resumption of Tax Court Operations
After Government Shutdown:
This notice describes the resumption of Tax Court operations after the Federal
government shutdown which began October 1, 2013, and ended October 16, 2013. ...
- Reopening of the Tax Court
- Rescheduling of Cases from Canceled Trial Sessions
- Status of Regular and Special Trial Sessions Beginning October 21, 2013, or Later
- Resumption of Filing and Service of Documents
- Due Dates Established by the Court
- Statutory Filing Deadlines