Thursday, May 30, 2013
The IRS announced today (IR-2013-57) that it is accepting grant applications for Low Income Taxpayer Clinics for the 2014 grant cycle (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2014). Applications will be accepted through July 12, 2013. The LITC program awards matching grants of up to $100,000 per year to qualifying organizations to develop, expand, or maintain a low income taxpayer clinic. The IRS will award a total of up to $6,000,000.
The IRS welcomes all applications and will ensure that each application receives full consideration. The IRS is particularly interested in receiving applications from organizations that will operate in areas that are currently underserved.
Currently underserved areas are as follows:
Identified States for New or Existing Clinics CONTROVERSY ESL Alaska, Alabama, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota Identified Metropolitan Areas for New Clinic Applications Los Angeles, California, including the following counties: Los Angeles, Kern, Riverside, Ventura Sacramento, California, including the following counties: El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Stanislaus Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, including the following counties: Berks, Delaware, Philadelphia St. Louis, Missouri, including the following counties: Cape Girardeau, Jefferson, St. Francois, St. Louis
- Low Income Taxpayer clinic Program Report
- Application Package and Guidelines
- Publication 3319: Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Grant Application
- Publication 4134: Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List
- Publication 4671: VITA Grant 2013 Program Overview and Application Package
- Publication 4680: TCE & VITA Grant Programs
- Publication 4883: Grant Programs Resource Guide