Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Following up on my previous posts (links below): St. Louis Interlim Dean Tom Keefe, a local personal injury lawyer who was appointed by the university president following the abrupt resignation of Dean Annette Clark, has resigned after a series of controversial remarks:
- Does that sound like somebody who is [University President] Father Biondi’s butt boy?
- I've been drunker than ten big Indians.
- Keefe asked a law student if she was "wearing any panties" at a school meeting. He then allegedly asked another girl if she would be “getting stuffed” at the school’s barrister ball.
- Life is a bitch. If it was easy, we would call it a slut.
- Pot's gotten a lot better than when I was in law school.
- There is beer and wine available---light snacks---and ganja for our younger faculty and the old hippies.
Press and blogosphere coverage:
- ABA Journal, Interim SLU Law Dean Says He Resigned Because of His Big Mouth and Political Incorrectness
- Above the Law, Did The Dean’s ‘Drunker Than Ten Big Indians’ Comment Cost Him His Scalp?
- Above the Law, Maybe If He Were More Of A ‘Butt Boy,’ He’d Still Have A Job
- CBS St. Louis, SLU Law School Dean Quits
- Faculty Lounge, Keefe Steps Down as Interim Dean at SLU Law
- National Law Journal, Saint Louis' Interim Dean Resigns Under Fire
- Riverfront Times, SLU Law Dean Tom Keefe Resigns Over Offensive Remarks: "If I Was Them, I'd Fire Me"
- St. Louis Beacon, Interim Law School Dean at SLU Resigns
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, SLU's Interim Law Dean Says He's Done, 'Too Politically Incorrect' For the Job
- St. Louis Public Radio, Interim SLU Law School Dean Resigns Amid Controversy
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- St. Louis Law School Dean Resigns Abruptly, Blasts University Administration (Aug. 8, 2012)
- St. Louis President Says He Was Going to Fire Dean, Names PI Lawyer Interim Dean (Aug. 9, 2012)
- More on the St. Louis Fiasco (Aug. 10, 2012)
- St. Louis Prof Addresses Turmoil at Her Law School (Aug. 12, 2012)
- More on the St. Louis Fiasco (Aug. 14, 2012)
- Brian Tamanaha's Revenge (Aug. 20, 2012)
- Brian Tamanaha's Revenge: 'Guilty as Charged' (Aug. 20, 2012)
- Proposed Post-Tenure Review Policy Adds to Turmoil at St. Louis (Aug. 30, 2012)
- St. Louis Abandons Post-Tenure Review Proposal (Sept. 19, 2012)
- More Trouble at St. Louis (Nov. 1, 2012)
Update: Faculty Lounge, Michael Wolff Named New Dean of Saint Louis Law