March 12, 2013
American Prospect: Five Lessons for Progressives From 100 Years of the Income Tax
The American Prospect: Five Lessons for Progressives From Our First Century of Income Taxes:
- Steeply graduated income tax rates can help societies do big things
- Progressive tax rates can do much more than raise significant amounts of revenue
- Progressive income tax rates don’t just happen. People have to battle for them
- Tax loopholes cost our society more than just tax revenue
- Just copying our progressive tax-rate past won’t ensure a progressive tax future
By learning the lessons from our income tax past, these and other progressive forces will have a better chance of pushing through the tax changes we need to allow our society to do big things in the century ahead.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference American Prospect: Five Lessons for Progressives From 100 Years of the Income Tax:
Lessons for progressives? Hah! Like they have ever learned from lessons.
Posted by: Woody | Mar 12, 2013 8:45:07 PM