January 7, 2013
2012 Tax Person of the Year: Tax Policy Center
Person of the Year: Tax Policy Center, 138 Tax Notes 7 (Jan. 7, 2013):
The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center is the 2012 Tax Notes Person of the Year, for the indelible mark it made on the presidential campaign; nine other contenders for the title round out the feature.
- Tanara Ashford (Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Tax Division, Justice Department)
- Erskine Bowles (Co-chair, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform)
- Bryan T. Camp (Professor, Texas Tech University School of Law)
- Elizabeth A. Copeland (Partner, Strasburger Price Oppenheimer Blend)
- Manal Corwin (Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for International Tax Affairs)
- Scott D. Michel (President, Caplin & Drysdale)
- John G. Roberts Jr. (Chief Justice of the United States)
- Mitt Romney (Republican Party Nominee for President)
- Dean A. Zerbe (Zerbe, Fingeret, Frank & Jadav)
All Tax Analysts content is available through the LexisNexisr services.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 2012 Tax Person of the Year: Tax Policy Center:
Congratulating a formerly scrupulously non-partisan organization for injecting itself into a presidential campaign? As if that's supposed to be a good thing? From what vantage point was that a good idea? I call it the Reputation Destruction of the Year, except that Roberts should have won that easily.
Maybe Tax Notes should receive a similar award for this decision.
Posted by: AMTbuff | Jan 7, 2013 7:51:17 AM
Romney loses again!
Posted by: michael livingston | Jan 8, 2013 5:42:07 AM