Tuesday, December 25, 2012
This is the third edition of the World Giving Index, the largest study into charitable behaviour across the globe, involving 160 countries in total.... The Index is based on an average of three measures of giving behaviour - the percentage of people who donate money to charity, volunteer their time, and help a stranger, in a typical month. ...
The report includes:
- analysis of levels of giving worldwide
- an index of all countries ranked by their average on the three behaviours
- insight into fluctuations in the three giving behaviours
- commentary on changes over time, including by country, by region and across continents
- recommendations for what governments, companies, individuals, and civil society organisations can do to enhance giving