September 18, 2012
Mitt Romney's Comment About 'The 47% Who Pay No Income Tax'
- Mother Jones: Secret Video: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters
- Linda Beale (Wayne State): Romney's Tax Views Lead to Blooper Comments Denigrating America's Elderly and Poor
- Kay Bell (Don't Mess With Taxes): 47 Percent Don't Pay Federal Income Taxes, but Do Hand Over Payroll, Other Taxes
- Len Burman (Syracuse), In Mitt's World, My Limo Driver is Not Trying Hard Enough
- Ezra Klein (Washington Post): Mitt Romney Versus the 47 Percent
- Paul Krugman (New York Times): Taxes Over the Life Cycle
- Annie Lowrey (New York Times): The Reasons Behind the ‘People Who Pay No Income Tax’
- Annie Lowrey (New York Times): Who Pays and Who Takes
- Janet Novack (Forbes): Memo to Mitt Romney: The 47% Pay Taxes Too
- Catherine Rampell (New York Times): How Do the 47% Vote?
- Dan Shaviro (NYU): Romney's Erroneous Equation
- Dan Shaviro (NYU): Romney Versus the "47 Percent"
- Dan Shaviro (NYU): Was Romney in the 47 percent (in 2009 or Any Earlier Year)?
- Angry Bear: Who Are the 47%? And the Irony Might be Remarkable
- Bloomberg: Romney’s 47% Paying No Taxes Combines Elderly With Poor Workers
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities: Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes
- The Maddow Blog: Why the '47 Percent' Is So Large
- NPR, The 47 Percent, in One Graphic
- Tax Foundation: How Much do Nonpayers Earn?
- Tax Policy Center: Who Doesn't Pay Federal Taxes
- Tax Update Blog: 47% Frenzy!
- Tax Vox Blog: Why Do People Pay No Federal Income Tax?
- U.S. News & World Report: Romney's 47% Statistic Has Been Used by Conservatives For Years
- Wall Street Journal: The Data Behind Romney’s 47% Comments
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Mitt Romney's Comment About 'The 47% Who Pay No Income Tax':
Did I miss it or is there something wrong with Romney's message?
Posted by: Woody | Sep 18, 2012 7:03:15 PM
Right or wrong, Romney is steering the debate in the right direction, as evidenced by the volume of media/blog complaints over his remarks.
Obama, in contrast, would hoodwink the middle class into believing they can escape the tab for the trillions of government borrowing under Obama's watch.
In other words, Obama counts on the innumeracy of the electorate, while Romney at least attempts to appeal to folks who can add and subtract.
Posted by: Jake | Sep 18, 2012 8:32:32 PM
Everyone is focused on how stupid Romney is, but he's basically even in the polls.
Posted by: michael livingston | Sep 19, 2012 5:10:36 AM
Since when does polling equal intelligence or even correctness for a matter? I bet if you polled people before Columbus set sail the majority would have said he would be eaten by large sea monsters or fall off the earth. this proved to neither be intelligent or correct. winning an election does not mean your ideas are right, it just means that is what the majority want to see enacted.
Posted by: Daniel | Sep 19, 2012 11:57:04 AM
Daniel: "...this proved to neither be intelligent or correct...just means that is what the majority want to see enacted."
Well, the purpose of goverment schools has been met -- educate people just enough for them to get by but not to think.
Posted by: Woody | Sep 19, 2012 1:37:39 PM
"Well, the purpose of goverment schools has been met -- educate people just enough for them to get by but not to think.
Posted by: Woody | Sep 19, 2012 1:37:39 PM"
Are you speaking from your own experience?
Posted by: Midway54 | Sep 20, 2012 12:43:02 PM
Fortunately, I attended a private Christian college for undergraduate school and majored in accounting, which isn't exactly overrun with Marxists; and, in government schools, I tried to get all As in my classes rather than accepting the "trophy for passing" that everyone else got for attending and I still respected my parents even though the "government knew better than them."
I don't suppose you had the same attitude.
Posted by: Woody | Sep 20, 2012 2:59:41 PM