August 1, 2012
Panel on Economic Challenges and Charitable Organizations Today at SEALS
The Southeastern Association of Law Schools 2012 Annual Conference continues today in Amelia Island, Florida with this tax panel:
Economic Challenges and Charitable Organizations: This panel focuses on the challenges pro-poor organizations face in light of global economic instability. Issues that will be discussed include the impact of a down economy on charitable organizations from a trusts and estates perspective, the fact that current theories regarding the charitable deduction fail to take into account changes in the wider economy (along with suggested revisions to the tax rules governing charitable deductions), the role of U.S. tax incentives on the microfinance initiatives found in developing nations, and the potential impact of proposed legislation on the charitable donations of high-income taxpayers.
- Gail Richmond (Nova) (moderator)
- Don Castleman (Wake Forest)
- Grace Lee (Alabama)
- Charlene Luke (Florida)
- Patrick Tolan (Barry)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Panel on Economic Challenges and Charitable Organizations Today at SEALS:
Top 5 considerations for potential candidates:
5) Have you seen and tasted what they call chili?
4) Do you care that the airport is in the next state over?
3) Are your friends who smoke really happy to see you, or are they just in town to buy cheap cigarettes across the river?
2) Two words for Cincinnati cultural achievements in the last four decades: Jerry Springer.
1) Want to play poker while monitoring exams? Cincinnati is the home of proctor and gamble.
Posted by: Bob | Aug 1, 2012 1:05:21 PM