August 31, 2012
Britain Debates 0.5% Wealth Tax
- CNBC, 'Emergency' Tax on the Rich Roils Britain
- CNBC, UK Leader Wants to Tax Super Rich to Fight ‘Economic War’
- The Guardian, Lib Dems Will Propose French-Style Tax on Wealthy People's Assets
- The Independent, Politics to be Sure, but a Wealth Tax Merits a Look
- The Guardian, Nick Clegg Demands Emergency Tax on Britain's Richest People
- Reuters, UK Needs a Permanent, Property-Based Wealth Tax
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Britain Debates 0.5% Wealth Tax:
Im sure it wont be long before you see some form of this in the United States. Obama has been floating the idea around for awhile and gather support for it, im sure they will drive it home eventually.
Posted by: Barbara Cruz | Aug 31, 2012 2:47:04 PM
David Cameron's austerity policy has been an unmitigated failure. They don't have any economic growth for years on end and now they can't pay their bills without a tax increase.
I remember in 2010, Cameron visited the U.S. to a lot of fawning press coverage about how much smarter the Brits were because of their austerity policy. Don't hear those blowhards saying anything like that now.
Posted by: Jim Harper | Sep 1, 2012 11:27:08 AM