Friday, July 27, 2012
San José State University College of Business seeks to hire a tax professor to teach undergraduate and graduate (MST) tax courses:
Qualifications: Applicants should have awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
All applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Ph.D., or a combination of JD/CPA or JD/MST or JD/LLM-tax and be academically qualified under AACSB standards. If ABD, completion of the doctorate will be required by the time of the appointment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement in the classroom and success in teaching in an accelerated format at the Graduate level.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a large CPA firm.
- Experience with the design and delivery of online courses and programs is highly valued.
Responsibilities: Candidate must address the needs of a student population of great diversity -- in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation -- through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.