Tuesday, July 10, 2012
House Holds Hearing Today on The Tax Ramifications of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on the Affordable Care Act
The House Ways & Means Committee holds a hearing today on The Tax Ramifications of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on the Affordable Care Act:
The hearing will focus on the implications of the Supreme Court’s ruling that the individual mandate is constitutional on the grounds that it is a tax and that Congress has the broad power to levy taxes far beyond the historic scope of raising revenue.
- Steven G. Bradbury (Partner, Dechert, Washington, D.C.)
- Lee A. Casey (Partner, Baker Hostetler, Washington, D.C.)
- Walter Dellinger (Partner, O’Melveny & Myers, Washington, D.C.)
- Carrie Severino (Chief Counsel, Judicial Crisis Network, Washington, D.C.)
Press and blogosphere coverage:
- Bloomberg, Camp Says Health-Care Ruling Opens New World for Taxes
- CBS News, The Tax Man Cometh to Police You on Health Care
- CNN, Maine Governor Calls IRS the New Gestapo
- U.S. News & World Report: Can IRS Police Both Taxes and Health Care Law?
- Washington Post, Your Family, Your Doctor and the IRS