May 18, 2012
The Facebook IPO: Taxing Mark Zuckerberg's Stock
- Victor Fleischer (Colorado), Taxing Founders' Stock, 59 UCLA L. Rev. 60 (2011)
- Gregg Polsky (North Carolina) & Brant Hellwig (South Carolina), Examining the Tax Advantage of Founders’ Stock, 97 Iowa L. Rev. 1085 (2012)
For more, see:
- Tax Aspects of Facebook's IPO (Feb. 6, 2012)
- The Zuckerberg Tax: A Progressive Mark-to-Market System (Feb. 9, 2012)
- More on Facebook, Zuckerberg, and Taxes (Feb. 10, 2012)
- Senators Propose Closing 'Facebook Tax Loophole' (Mar. 2, 2012)
- The Inequality Obsession: Mark Zuckerberg and the EITC (Apr. 23, 2012)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Facebook IPO: Taxing Mark Zuckerberg's Stock:
"Most of the Forbes 400 accumulated their wealth in the form of lightly taxed founders' stock or through founders' stock inherited with a stepped-up tax basis."
"The tax benefit goes mainly to entrepreneurs who would have started businesses anyway."
Actually, the tax benefit reminds entrepreneurs that they won't be "punished" for building a successful business.
Posted by: Donna | May 18, 2012 3:09:14 PM