Wednesday, May 16, 2012
The hearing will focus on certain current issues related to tax-exempt organizations, including the current IRS compliance initiative related to Universities, recently enacted reporting requirements for tax-exempt hospitals, recent efforts by tax-exempt organizations to design and implement good governance standards, and taxpayer involvement in redesigning the Form 990. In addition, the hearing will discuss the history of recent legislative changes to the tax code dealing with tax-exempt organizations and what prompted those changes.
- Diana Aviv (President & CEO, Independent Sector)
- Roger Colinvaux (Professor, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University)
- Joanne M. DeStefano (Vice President & CFO Cornell University, testifying on behalf of the National Association of College and University Business Officers)
- Bruce R. Hopkins (Senior Partner, Polsinelli Shughart)
- Michael Regier (Senior Vice President of Legal and Corporate Affairs, VHA Inc.)