Thursday, October 13, 2011
Cain claims his 9-9-9 proposal to overhaul the tax code is “simple, transparent, efficient, fair, and neutral.” But his campaign has provided few details of how the plan would work, and a consultant hired by the campaign to analyze the plan could not provide evidence of how the plan would impact different income groups.
- Bloomberg, Cain’s 9-9-9 Tax Code Scrap Keeps Levies on Gasoline, Beer
- Len Burman (Syracuse), Critiques of Herman Cain's 9-9-9 Tax Plan
- MSNBC, Cain's 9-9-9 Tax Plan Is Simple: You'll Simply Pay More
- Dan Shaviro (NYU), Follow-Up on Cain's 9-9-9 Plan and Fiscal Self-Delusion
- Dan Shaviro (NYU), The New York Times Is as Confused About 9-9-9 as Everyone Else
- tax.com, Herman Cain's 999 Plan: Stepping Stone to a VAT?
- Wall Street Journal, Cain Fuzzy on Potential Impact of His Tax Plan
- Wall Street Journal, Cain's 9-9-9 Plan Gets a Closer Look
- Washington Post, There Is No Such Thing as the 9-9-9 Tax