August 25, 2011
Progressive Think Tank Backs Repatriation Tax HolidayThe think tank NDN today released The Revenue Implications of Temporary Tax Relief for Repatriated Foreign Earnings: An Analysis of the Joint Tax Committee’s Revenue Estimates, which estimates that a repatriation tax holiday would raise $8.7 billion of revenues over ten years, compared to the Joint Committee on Taxation's recent estimate of a $78.7 billion ten-year revenue cost.
- Press Release, New NDN Study Shows "Repatriation" Brings Tax Revenue Gains, Not Losses
- Bloomberg, Repatriation Tax Break Study Challenges Official Estimates
- The Daily Caller, Progressive Group Backs Tax Holiday for Multinationals
- The Hill, Texas Democrat Fires Back at Repatriation Study
- Wall Street Journal, Study Finds Benefits in Temporary Tax Break for Multinationals
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Progressive Think Tank Backs Repatriation Tax Holiday:
There's nothing progressive about NDN.
Note that this study was co-written by a fellow at the decidedly right-wing, anti-corporate-tax American Enterprise Institute. The conclusion is exactly what one would expect from that group.
Posted by: stop, look and listen | Aug 25, 2011 5:51:33 PM
On P.20 they admit that there is little relation to repatriation and tax law. Why don't we just tax pharmaceutical companies and electronics at 10% instead of legalizing their tax evasion every five years.
Posted by: Jim Harper | Aug 25, 2011 7:48:32 PM