Wednesday, June 29, 2011
The Tax and Development Author Workshop sponsored by the University of Florida College of Law and Melbourne Law School kicks off today at the Unversity of Lisbon, Portugal, with these presentations:
- Kim Brooks (Dean, Dalhousie University, Schulich School of Law,), TBA
- Wei Cui (China University of Political Science and Law), Choosing or Declining the Rule of Law in Taxation
- Ana Paula Dourado (University of Lisbon), TBA
- Tracy Gutuza (University of Capetown, South Africa), TBA
- Charlene Luke (University of Florida, College of Law), A Role for Tax in Supporting Microfinance?
- Lisa Philipps (Osgoode Hall Law School), Tax Expenditure Analysis in the Global South: Transplanting Fiscal Policy
- Pasquale Pistone (University of Salerno, Vienna), Geographical Boundaries of Tax Jurisdiction, Exclusive Allocation of Taxing Powers in Tax Treaties and Good Tax Governance
- Luís Eduardo Schoueri (São Paulo University law School), Tax Sparing: A Reconsideration of the Reconsideration
- Miranda Stewart (Melbourne Law School), Information and Tax Handles:Towards a Global Administrative Tax State?