Saturday, June 18, 2011
- The Age, Tax Case is the Talk of the U.S. Open
- Bloomberg, Goosen’s Tax Case Tests Principle That Image Is Everything
- Forbes, IRS Sand Trap For Pro Golfers
- Forbes, Tax Court to Athletes: Image Isn’t Everything But It’s At Least 50%
- Taxes in the Back, No Mulligan in Tax Court for Goosen
"[T]he IRS is paying attention to how high-profile performers earn money, said Lucy Lee, an attorney at Caplin & Drysdale in Washington. “They’re watching what clubs are being used, what logo’s being displayed on the bags, the uniforms, and they’re taking notes,” said Lee, whose clients include female Korean golfers."