May 18, 2011
Tax News Roundup
- Bloomberg, Free Money Claim Roils Dispute on One-Time U.S. Offshore Tax Holiday
- Bloomberg, IRS Fails to Collect $305 Million Tax on Overseas Contractors
- Bloomberg, Labor Unions, Nonprofits Seek Curbs on Corporate Tax Breaks
- Christian Science Monitor, Many Industries Reap Tax Breaks. Is Picking on Big Oil Unfair?
- Citizens for Tax Justice, Corporate Tax Reform: Consumer Groups, Labor Unions, Faith-Based Groups at Odds with Obama on Goals
- CNN, Forget the Gas Tax -- A Driving Tax May be Next
- Forbes, Tax Defense: "I Have ADD"
- The Hill, Unions to Lawmakers: Take Away Corporate Tax Expenditures to Pay Down Deficit
- Mauled Again, Three Alarming Tax-Related Articles
- New York Daily News, The Millionaire's Tax is Dead!
- Tax Policy Blog, S. 940. The Latest Example of Tax Policy-as-Political-Weapon
- Tax Vox, Too Many Cooks on Tax Policy?
- Time, Why Doesn't Amazon Collect Sales Tax? The Constitution, That's Why
- Weekly Standard, Taxing The Rich? Obama Is All Talk
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tax News Roundup:
The "ADD Defense" was developed by comedian Steve Martin:
You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"
Posted by: Woody | May 18, 2011 4:46:50 PM