May 24, 2011
IRS Seeks Grant Applications for Low Income Taxpayer ClinicsThe IRS has announced (IR-2011-56) that it is accepting grant applications for Low Income Taxpayer Clinics for the 2012 grant cycle (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2012):
Applications will be accepted May 23, 2011, through June 30, 2011. Previous grant recipients will have the option to apply for up to three years of annual funding, which would reduce the amount of paperwork they must complete over a three-year period. This annual funding will also help recipients with budget planning.
In 2011 the IRS awarded 31 TCE grantees $6.1 million and 179 VITA grantees $12 million.
- Application Package and Guidelines
- Publication 3319: Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Grant Application
- Publication 4134: Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List
- Publication 4671: VITA Grant 2012 Program Overview and Application Package
- Publication 4680: TCE & VITA Grant Programs
- Publication 4883: Grant Programs Resource Guide
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference IRS Seeks Grant Applications for Low Income Taxpayer Clinics:
I asked IRS a couple years ago for a list of the TCE grant recipients. They said I would have to submit a FOIA request. Must be something there that is interesting enough that they want to make it difficult to find.
Posted by: Bob | May 24, 2011 8:03:54 PM