May 20, 2011
Death of Jack McCordTax Prof John (“Jack”) H. McCord (Illinois) died of lung cancer on Wednesday at the age of 76. Please see this moving obituary by his son, Paul, and A Tribute to John H. McCord upon His Retirement, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 741-62:
- Tribute (with a complete bibliography), 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 741
- Thomas M. Mengler (Dean, Illinois), A Salute to Professor John H. McCord, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 749
- Charles C. Bingaman (Chapman), Professor John H. McCord: Bridging the Gap Between Law School and Law Practice in Illinois, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 751
- Ora Fred Harris, Jr. (Illinois), Professor John H. McCord: A Marvelous Human Being, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 755
- David Laro (Judge, U.S. Tax Court), Tribute to Professor John McCord, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 757
- Jeffrey G. Sherman (Chicago-Kent), My First-Grade Teacher, 2000 U. Ill. L. Rev. 761
Visitation will be on Sunday (May 22) at Renner-Wikoff Chapel and the funeral on Monday (May 23) at St. Patrick's Catholic Church. See here to sign the guest book or send a sympathy card, private condolences, or flowers. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Patrick's Catholic Church, University of Illinois College of Law or Carle Cancer Clinic.
- Stephen Bainbridge (UCLA), Jack McCord
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Death of Jack McCord:
Jack visited one summer at UNC when I was very new to the profession. He was most gracious and expressed great interest in what I was doing. He was quite generous with his time and was seriously interested in anything in which I expressed interest. Over the years of our having had many summer visitors, I still regard him as one of the best with whom I crossed paths.
Posted by: Bill Turnier | May 21, 2011 9:15:43 AM