January 28, 2011
Prof Pees on Colleague's Office DoorOne of the benefits of spending a semester in California is being able to read the Los Angeles Times every morning: Cal State Northridge Professor Charged With Allegedly Urinating on Colleague's Office Door:
A Cal State Northridge math professor has been charged with urinating on a colleague's office door during a dispute between the two men.
Tihomir Petrov, 43, is facing two misdemeanor counts of urinating in a public place, according to a copy of a complaint filed in Superior Court.
Petrov is expected to be arraigned Thursday in San Fernando, authorities said. The case stems from a dispute that Petrov allegedly had with another professor in the school's math department, authorities said.
Petrov was allegedly captured in early December on videotape urinating on the door of another professor's office in Santa Susana Hall, according to authorities. School officials had concealed a camera nearby after discovering puddles of what they thought was urine at the professor's door.
- Associated Press, Professor Charged with Peeing on Colleague's Door
- Chronicle of Higher Education, Urine Trouble Now ...
- Huffington Post, Tihomir Petrov, Northridge Professor, Charged With Peeing on Colleague's Door
- LesboProf, It Never Rains in California
- Jonthan Turnley, Vox Veritas Excreta: Professor Charged With Urinating on Door of Colleague
- LA Snark, Stay Classy, Cal State Northridge
- NBC LA, Professor Accused of Urinating on Colleague's Door
- Pajamas Media, Math Professors Gone Wild
- Volokh Conspiracy, Math Disputes Are a Serious Matter
Update: The Smoking Gun has more.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Prof Pees on Colleague's Office Door:
Is this the academic version of the trickle down theory?
Posted by: Shag from Brookline | Jan 28, 2011 6:29:11 AM
Is this against the rules in California?
Posted by: mike livingston | Jan 28, 2011 9:56:05 AM
At least he's not calling it "art."
Posted by: ColoComment | Jan 28, 2011 12:22:02 PM
Clearly, the other professor p---ed him off, or he's protesting for an open door policy.
Posted by: Woody | Jan 28, 2011 12:58:38 PM
"School officials had concealed a camera nearby after discovering puddles of what they thought was urine at the professor's door."
So Petrov did this more than once in the same place? Does this ratify the "men are like dogs" relationship theory?
Posted by: MochaLite | Jan 28, 2011 9:02:26 PM