Friday, January 21, 2011
Following up on my recent posts (here and here) on the gigantic individual (67%) and business (45%) income tax hikes just approved in Illinois: Jimmy John Liautaud, the founder of Jimmy John's Gourmet Subs, has announced that he is pulling the company out of Champaign because of the tax increases.
- Champaign News-Gazette, Jimmy John's Founder Contemplates Moving Headquarters Out of Illinois
- Chicago Examiner, Jimmy John's Anounces May Move Headquarters From Illinois to Florida
- Chicagoist, How Fast Can Jimmy John's Leave Illinois?
- Conglomerate, State Budgets: Raise Taxes or Slash Spending (or Both)?
- Crain's Chicago Business, Jimmy John's Might Flee Illinois Over Higher Taxes
- NBC Chicago, Gourmet Sandwiches on the Go: Founder May Take His Free Smells Elsewhere
- Reason, Smells Like Goodbye: Jimmy John's Bails Out of Illinois?
- South Florida Business Journal, Jimmy John’s Founder May be Florida Bound
(Hat Tip: Andrew Morriss.)