August 25, 2010
Sliced Bagel Tax Riles New Yorkers
- Above the Law, Leggo My Bagel: New York State Bagel Tax Could Lead to Open Revolt
- CNN, Bagelers Decry New York Schmear Tactics
- Frobes, Wacky Sales Tax Rules Cover More Than New York Bagels
- Going Concern, Albany Risking Outright Anarchy Enforcing Taxes on Sliced Bagels
- Heritage Foundation, Slicing the Bagel Reveals VAT Flaws
- Huffington Post, New York Bagel Tax Has Residents Enraged
- New York Post, NY's Cut of Bagel 'Dough'; Extra Tax for Slicing
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Would You Like That Bagel With or Without Tax?
- Time, Bagel Tax! New York State Cracks Down
- Wall Street Journal, Sliced Bagels, Taxes on Top
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sliced Bagel Tax Riles New Yorkers:
Is it terrible that I can actually understand why NYC would make such a distinction between prepared and unprepared foods? I don't think it's right, but I can understand it. There are just a lot of loopholes when it comes to taxing food.
Posted by: great white north | Aug 26, 2010 8:08:45 AM