Wednesday, January 20, 2010
President Obama today issued a presidential memorandum directing the Office of Management and Budget, the Treasury Department, and other federal agencies to block contractors who are delinquent on their taxes from receiving new government contracts. The memorandum also directs the IRS to review the accuracy of companies' tax delinquency claims and asks Congress to enact enforecement tools.
- Presidential Memorandum
- President Obama's Remarks
- White House News Release
- White House Blog
- ABC News, Obama Calls Out Contractor "Tax Cheats"
- The Atlantic, Obama Signs Memorandum On Tax-Delinquent Contractors
- Bloomberg, Obama Blocks Tax-Delinquent Contractors From Work
- L.A. Times, Obama Orders Tax Crackdown on Federal Contractors
- Reuters, Obama Targets "Tax Cheats" Seeking Government Work
- Wall Street Journal, Obama Vows to Get Tough on Tax Cheats
- Web CPA, Obama Blocks Government Contracts for Tax Cheats