November 24, 2009
Democrats Propose Afghanistan War Tax -- "Pay As You Fight"Commentary on H.R. 4130, The Share the Sacrifice Act:
- Don't Mess With Taxes, "Pay as You Fight" War Surtax Introduced
- The Hill, GOP Lawmaker Would "Consider" War Tax as Last Resort
- NPR, A War Tax on the Rich?
- Politico, War Surtax: "Pay as You Fight"
- San Francisco Chronicle, Obey Wants War Surtax
- Time, Obey's War Tax
- UPI, Two Democrats Threaten "Tax for Troops"
- Wall Street Journal editorial, Obey's Afghan War Surtax
- Wall Street Journal Wealth Report, More Afghanistan Troops: Send the Bill to the Wealthy?
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Democrats Propose Afghanistan War Tax -- "Pay As You Fight":
Tracked on Nov 25, 2009 9:19:03 AM
Democrats will soon regret overselling the fiction that all new spending can be financed by additional taxes on the rich. The state of California has tried that policy for decades, and the results are not pretty.
Posted by: AMTbuff | Nov 24, 2009 3:06:18 PM
OK, but if we tried this before, we'd all be speaking German. Or perhaps, British English.
Posted by: mike livingston | Nov 24, 2009 5:08:24 PM