April 27, 2009
More on Bono's Tax Hypocrisy
I previously have blogged (see list below the fold) the flap over Bono's arranging his music business affairs to escape Irish taxes. Here is the latest chapter: What Bono Says and What He Does; There’s a Well-Documented Reason the Do-Gooder Can’t Put His Money Where His Mouth Is:
After playing the Obama inauguration a couple of months back, the pop star Bono flew back home to a rare barrage of hostile headlines. As you know, the global do-gooder wants us to send more of our money to Africa. So why is he sending his money to the Netherlands?
- U2 & Bono Bail Out to Avoid Irish Tax (Part 1)
- U2 & Bono Bail Out to Avoid Irish Tax (Part 2)
- Bono, Tax Avoider; The Hypocrisy of U2
- Netherlands Is Latest Tax Shelter Hot Spot
- Bono "Hurt" by Criticism of His Move From Ireland to Avoid Tax on Music Royalties
(Hat Tip: Andy Morriss.)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference More on Bono's Tax Hypocrisy:
Why blog the crassly foolish version of the Bono story, when there are ten other Bono tax stories out there that tell it like it is - that Bono is a hypocrite and should pay his taxes like everyone else?
Posted by: Nicholas Shaxson | Apr 28, 2009 12:53:27 PM