October 30, 2008
Law Prof Blog Rankings
Below are the updated quarterly traffic rankings (visitors and page views) of the Top 35 blogs edited by law professors with publicly available SiteMeters for the most recent 12-month period (October 1, 2007 - September 30, 2008) [click on chart to enlarge]:
- These Law Prof Blog Rankings are drawn from Dan Solove's comprehensive Law Professor Blogger Census. They include all blogs edited by law professors -- both law-related and non law-related. Please email me the names of any Law Prof Blogs with traffic over the past twelve months that would qualify for inclusion on the lists (125,947 visitors and/or 180,245 page views). If necessary, I will re-publish the list to include all qualifying blogs.
- Several popular Law Prof Blogs do not have publicly available SIteMeters and thus are not included on the list: e.g., BlackProf, California Appellate Report, Credit Slips, The Deal Professor, Dorf on Law, Feminist Law Professors, Harvard Law School Corporate Governance Blog, Legal Theory, Point of Law.
- The list includes only those Law Prof Blogs that have been in operation for at least a year (and thus does not include popular blogs such as The Faculty Lounge).
- These rankings cover only those blogs edited by law professors. Other law-related blogs edited by practitioners, librarians, non-law school academics, and journalists are not included on this list: e.g., Above the Law, How Appealing, Law Librarian Blog, Wall Street Journal Law Blog.
- Members of our Law Professor Blogs Network comprise, by visitors, two of the Top 10, five of the Top 20, and eleven of the Top 35 blogs; and by page views, one of the Top 10, five of the Top 20, and ten the Top 35 blogs.
- These rankings reflect 8.8% growth in visitors (133,809.690 v. 123,040,260) and 9.7% growth in page views (163,841,443 v. 149,406,023) from the last quarterly rankings (July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008).
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Law Prof Blog Rankings:
» Top Law Professor Blogs from Adjunct Law Prof Blog
Dean Paul Caron (who owns this Network) and runs TaxProf Blog has an interesting Oct. 30, 2008 posting ranking the top law professor blogs. No we are not on it yet. The blog numbered 35, Legal History Blog (last on [Read More]
Tracked on Nov 2, 2008 12:15:05 AM
Amazing!!! All the other blogs combined do not even come close to matching Professer Reynold's InstaPundit Blog.
Posted by: Ross | Oct 30, 2008 12:36:04 PM
One interesting point: most have about 20% more page views than vistors, except Althouse. That one has about 3x as many page views. Not sure what that means.
Posted by: Aaron Williams | Oct 30, 2008 6:08:36 PM