Thursday, March 22, 2007
This hearing will examine the impact of the AMT on individual taxpayers, particularly middle-income taxpayers who were never intended to be subject to this tax.
Here are the witnesses scheduled to testify:
- Margaret Rauh (Individual Taxpayer, accompanied by Jay Primack, Moriarty & Primack, CPAs, Springfield, MA)
- Joel Campbell (Individual Taxpayer, accompanied by Art Auerbach, Goodman & Co., CPAs, McLean, VA)
- Joseph W. Walloch (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- David A. Lifson (President-Elect, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants)
- Michael K. Day, Sr. (International Association of Fire Fighters)
- Jon A. Nixon (Partner, Katzman Weinstein & Co., Bethpage, NY)
The hearing begins at 10:00 a.m. in 1100 Longworth House Office Building.