Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Hatch claimed he thought the show's producers would pay his taxes and pleaded ignorance about money matters, saying he forgot to tell his accountants about some income. ... Hatch became known as "the fat naked guy" -- a term coined by David Letterman -- for refusing to wear clothes for much of the show.
For prior TaxProf Blog coverage, see:
- Survivor Winner Hatch Blames Tax Troubles on Show's Producers (1/21/06)
- Jury Selection Begins in Survivor Winner Richard Hatch's Tax Evasion Trial (1/11/06)
- Survivor: Tax Evasion (12/26/05)
- Survivor Winner Richard Hatch Indicted for Tax Evasion for Failing to Report $1m Income (9/9/05)
- Survivor Winner Richard Hatch Blames CBS for His Tax Woes (3/13/05)
- Survivor Winner Richard Hatch Reneges on Plea Deal with IRS (3/7/05)
- Survivor Winner Richard Hatch Cannot Survive IRS (1/19/05)
Update: Our sister White Collar Crime Prof Blog has more here.