Thursday, January 19, 2006
Today's Chronicle of Higher Education reports on the brouhaha caused by UCLAProfs.com, a web site started by an alumni group to "expose UCLA’s most radical professors. " The article, Independent Alumni Group Offers $100 Bounties to UCLA Students Who Ferret Out Classroom Bias, notes that the group was founded by Andrew Jones, a 2003 UCLA graduate and former leader of the campus's Republican group.
Eight UCLA law profs are profiled on the site, which has generated commentary from some UCLA law profs:
- Stephen Bainbridge, The Power of Technology
- Jerry Kang, Blacklist
- Eugene Volokh, Hot News Just In!
- Eugene Volokh, Criticisms of UCLA Professors
For other commentary, see:
- Inside Higher Ed, The New Class Monitors
- L.A. Times, UCLA Alumni Group Is Tracking "Radical" Faculty
- Daily Kos, Students Being Paid by Right Wing Group to Report on UCLA Faculty
- Crooked Timber, Radical Professors Exposed, Woo
- Capitol Weekly, Bruin Alumni Association Targets "Radical" Faculty
- The Debate Link, The Radicals Exposing UCLA's "Radicals"