Wednesday, February 9, 2005
I am sorry to bring you the news that David Bradford (Princeton) is in critical condition in the burn center at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia after a tragic accident at his home. From the Trenton Times:
Borough police, firefighters and medical personnel raced to Bradford's Pine Street home after receiving a report of a fire there about 12:55 a.m. The blaze was caused by one of about 10 lit candles that had been placed on a Christmas tree inside the home by either Bradford or his wife, whose name was not available, police said, adding that the tree, a real one, apparently been on display since December.
Bradford apparently was upstairs when his wife called out that the tree was on fire, police said. He ran down and tried to carry the burning tree out of the home; but, in doing so, he was critically burned, police said.
Police officers found Bradford lying on the floor. They gave him oxygen until a Princeton First Aid Squad crew arrived. Bradford was then rushed by ambulance to the Capital Health System at Fuld hospital in Trenton. From there he was flown by helicopter to the burn center in Philadelphia, police said.
Our thoughts and prayers are with David and his family.